LAW ON PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA (LPPD) INFORMATION
At Private Tanfer Hospital, we pay attention to your safety and thus want to inform you about the “Law on Protection of Personal Data” made for the protection of personal fundamental rights and freedoms particularly right of privacy as well as personal data. In accordance with the Law on Protection of Personal Data (LPPD) No. 6698, Tanfer Hospital (Private Tanfer Hospital/Hospital), acting as “Data Controller”, processes your personal data as described below.
1. PURPOSE OF COLLECTING AND PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Tanfer Hospital carries out personal data processing activities in accordance with the principles set out in Article 20 of the Constitution and Article 4 of LPPD. The hospital maintains personal data for as long as required by law or the purpose of processing personal data. Personal data is collected in order to provide health services within the specified legal framework and to ensure the Hospital to accurately and properly fulfill its contractual and legal obligations. Personal data is collected by automatic or manual methods, depending on the type of healthcare services, orally, electronically and in writing using several means including call center, website, online services etc.
Your Personal Data, including but not limited to the following, will be processed by our hospital: Your name, surname, TR ID number, passport number or temporary TR ID number, place and date of birth, marital status, gender, patient number specific to our hospital and other identification data that we can identify you; your address, telephone number, e-mail address and other contact data, your financial data such as payment and billing information; audio and digital information, which may be obtained by us electronically or non-electronically from time to time; your camera records if you visit our hospital; your private and general personal data, especially your personal health data obtained during the provision of any medical diagnosis, examination, treatment and care services; your private health insurance data provided for financing and planning health services and your Social Security Institution data; your health and identity data you provided over internet; your financial data such as payment and billing.
Also, when you call our call center or visit website to use Tanfer Hospital online services as well as visit or surf on web pages, your personal data may be processed.
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the personal data processing purposes and terms specified in Articles 5 and 6 of the LPPD. Your private and general personal data especially your health data can be processed by our Hospital for the purposes given below;
Your personal data including private personal data can be processed for various purposes including but not limited to the followings,
- In order that we fulfill our legal obligations set out in the Fundamental Law on Healthcare Services No. 3359, the Decree Law No. 663 Regulating the Duties of the Ministry of Health and its affiliated organizations, the Regulation on Private Hospitals, the Regulation on Processing and Ensuring the Privacy of Personal Data Relating to Health and other related regulations;
- To protect private health and conduct preventive medicine, medical diagnose, treatment and care services,
- To plan and manage financing related with health services;
- To inform you about your appointment, if necessary;
- To plan and manage internal operations of our hospital,
- To monitor and prevent misconduct and unauthorized transactions;
- To perform risk management and quality improvement activities;
- To make research;
- To invoice for our services;
- To verify your identity;
- To confirm your relation with the insurance providers contracted with our hospital;
- To share necessary information with private insurance companies within the scope of financing healthcare services;
- To respond any question and complaints related with our health services;
- To take necessary technical and administrative measures within the scope of data security of our hospital’s system and applications;
- To store your health data and analyze your use of health services in order to improve and develop the health services we provide;
- To maintain information on your health data that required to be stored according to the related legislation;
- To reach financial agreement with the contracted institutions with regard to the health services provided to you;
- To measure patient satisfaction.
Moreover, your personal data can be processed in accordance with the provisions set out in the Fundamental Law on Healthcare Services No. 3359, the Decree Law No. 663 Regulating the Duties of the Ministry of Health and its affiliated organizations, the Regulation on Private Hospitals, the Regulation on Processing and Ensuring the Privacy of Personal Data Relating to Health and the regulations by Ministry of Health and other legislation as well as transferred to physical achieves and information systems of Tanfer Hospital and/or our suppliers and kept in both digital and physical environment. Also, our hospital staff’s data may be processed by us or natural or legal persons that we collaborate or authorize, in accordance with the employer’s management right or operational reasons, e.g. for the purpose of enhancing employee satisfaction and ensuring occupational safety and welfare, within the scope of obligations under the Labor Law, the Labor and Social Security Legislation and other applicable regulations. Your health data you provided to our hospital with respect to diagnose, treatment made on other healthcare institutions, e.g. examination result, report, x-ray, will be destroyed within 3 months if you do not receive when being discharged from our hospital.
2. PERSON AND ORGANIZATIONS TO WHICH YOUR PERSONAL DATA CAN BE TRANSFERRED
Your personal data may be transferred to the following persons and organizations within the scope of Law and the like legislation for the purposes given above:
- Tanfer Health Group Institutions,
- Social Security Institutions,
- Ministry of Health and its subdivisions, Family Practice Centers
- Private insurance companies (health, retirement and life insurance etc.)
- General Directorate of Security and similar Law Enforcement Officers,
- General Directorate of Census,
- Turkish Pharmacists’ Association,
- Laboratories, centers and the like third persons we are in cooperation for medical diagnose,
- Your authorized representatives,
- Health institution to which patient is referred or applies himself/herself
- Third parties from whom we receive consultancy service, including lawyers, tax consultants and auditors,
Regulatory and supervisory authorities, official authorities
- Our suppliers, support service providers and business partners and other third parties we receive services or work in cooperation, within the scope of the personal data processing purposes and terms specified in Articles 8 and 9 of the LPPD.
3. METHOD AND LEGAL REASON OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
Your personal data is collected verbally, in written or electronically in order to provide the health services and fulfill the goals given below within the specified legal framework and ensure the Tanfer Hospital to fulfill its contractual and legal obligations accurately and properly.
4. YOUR RIGHTS FOR PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
With respect to your personal data being processed, in accordance with the legislation, you are entitled to;
- Learn whether your personal data has been processed or not and to request information if your personal data has been processed,
- To access and request your personal health data as well as know the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used in compliance with the intended purpose,
- Know any third person at home or abroad to whom your personal data is transferred,
- Request rectification, deletion or destruction of your personal data in case your personal data is incompletely or incorrectly processed,
- Request the third parties, to whom your personal data has been transferred to be notified on rectification, deletion or destruction of your personal data in case your personal data is incompletely or incorrectly processed,
- Object to any consequence detrimental to you that may arise from the processed data being exclusively analyzed by automatic systems,
- Request remedial action in case you incur any damage due to the unlawful processing of your personal data.
The Tanfer Hospital rigorously protects your personal data within the bounds of technical and administrative possibilities. The safety measures taken by our hospital are provided at a suitable level for possible risks considering the technological possibilities. You can send your legal requests by filling out the “Application Form in Accordance with the Law on Protection of Personal Data” in the website “www.tanferhastanesi.com” to the address in Aytekin Kotil (Eski Fulya) Cad. No:25 Pk 34394 Mecidiyeköy İstanbul, Turkey personally or through notary public or delivered to the address of email@example.com as electronically signed.